Hi all,
Thanks for all your help with previous questions I've had. What I need
to figure out now is how I can strip the actual directory from the
following pathname that I have stored in a variable :

(Just one sample of what I have but there will be different variations
of the $pathname below)

$pathname = /home/username/folders/test/bar.h

So what I really need to be able to do is remove the filename from the
end of the path and once I have the new path I want to be able  to
change to that directory.

So I want to change to say '/home/username/folders/test'

I don't have any idea how to do this so any help would be grateful.

Thanx,
YM