Hello all

I have RedHat 6.2 with glibc-2.1.3-15 and egcs-2.91.66

I just tried to compile the perl-5.6.0 I downloaded from cpan a few weeks
back. Unfortunately, using the suggested 'sh Configure -de', the process
craps out with the following error :-

-------------------------- cut ------------------------------
Checking your choice of C compiler and flags for coherency...
I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() { printf("Ok\n"); exit(0); }

I used the command:

        cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -o try
-L/usr/local/lib try.c -lnsl -lndbm -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lc -lposix
-lcrypt
        ./try

and I got the following output:

/usr/bin/../lib/libndbm.so: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I can't compile the test program.
(The supplied flags or libraries might be incorrect.)

You have a BIG problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
Ok.  Stopping Configure.

I can configure/make if I ignore '-lndbm and -ldb', but make test fails
at op/lfs and op/taint (again with shm*** problems).

What's happening and should I do?

Thanks alot

KHOO Guan Chen