At the suggestion of a few people I've converted the
program into text files to make things easier for
reviewers.  Here are the four files:

http://www.redsquirreldesign.com/soapbox/Soapbox.pm.txt
http://www.redsquirreldesign.com/soapbox/main.txt
http://www.redsquirreldesign.com/soapbox/soap.txt
http://www.redsquirreldesign.com/soapbox/soapbox.conf.txt

I am particularly interested in feedback about:
  Any common newbie blunders you may find
  Security issues
  Specific areas where the code could be more
efficient
  A critique on my use of object-oriented Perl

The feedback I have received thus far has been very
helpful. It's been a learning
experience...particularly about taint checking!

Thanks,

--Dave