At 09:24 AM 6/28/01 -0500, David Simcik wrote:
>Hey,
>         I, like the rest of you, am always looking for ways to make my
> life more
>convenient. Especially when coding. To this end, I am looking to fashion a
>well-rounded template doc that I can use in Homesite (where I do most of my
>work right now) made up of the essential pieces I'd expect to work with in
>Perl and with a strong layout. I have trolled through most of the better
>Perl books out there (Camel, Cookbook, Effective Perl, CGI Programming), but
>have yet to find an example template outlined succintly (aside from the VERY
>basic). So the question is, if anybody else does this (I'd be shocked if no
>one did), what do YOUR templates looks like? What are some of the
>idiomatically most important elements that should be included???

I think that beyond

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

you'd find contention about what to include... and some people will argue
about the -w.  Were you looking for something like

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use CGI qw(:all);
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

No, wait, some people will argue about the last line as well.  Maybe this
is why you haven't found any examples :-)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies