Hello,
I have a little problem relating a program that I'm writing. This program
involves getting data from mysql databases.

According to some docs the code should be like

use DBI;
$dbh = BDI->connect('DBI:mysql:databasename:database:host','username','pass')
or die $DBI::errst;

Now my problem is the following, in order to connect you have to know the
databasename but I want it to be that the users get a list of possible
databases, picks one of them and then uses that database.  So simply putting
a sql show database; to the screen and letting the user pick one out.

BUT before connecting  you already have to know the databasename ... how do i
solve this ? Or can i stupidly give no databasename ?

--
 requiem aeternam dona eis

         De Brauwer Elie
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]