On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Peter wrote:

>  i am trying to call a c program (main.exe) using these.
> the c program resides in a different machine from the script.
>
> the comline scalar just adds on different parameters for the program.
>
> i feel like im doing something wrong with my system call.  is a call to
> a url allowed?

Not through system.  You will need to use LWP to run executables through a
URL (assuming that the remote machine will let you run that program this
way).  Otherwise you will need to run the program through some other, and
hopefully secure, means of executing remote programs, like ssh.

- Brett
                                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/