Rommel,

Please wrap your lines at 75 or 80 columns; it makes things much more
readable!

You wrote:
> I had problems with O/I in Perl way of programming. When I used
> shell scripts it was very easy I put only in this form "./build_aux
> $1 > $file 2>&1&" and I got a file with standard error as well.
>
> In perl I had running a shell script inside a variable this shell
> scripts is generating an error but I can't got the error to my file
> that contents my standart output. I woul be gratful to get tips in
> the way about How to resolve this litle issue.

Because no specifics were given, I'll assume that your perl code
is using perl's system() function to run the shell script.  In that
case, you'd basically use the same methodology as you did in the
shell:

  system("./build_aux $aux_argument >$output_file 2>&1");

You could also get the same results by experimenting with
the backticks and open() methods, but neither is as appropriate
as system().

John
--
               John Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    System Administrator, InfoStructure, Ashland OR USA