On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:46:22PM -0400, Jeff 'japhy/Marillion' Pinyan wrote:
> On Aug 2, Michael Fowler said:
>
> >You can only print a string.  When print is given multiple arguments it
> >joins them with $" before printing.  This is documented in perldoc -f print.
>
> *Cough* $, not $".
>
> $" is used when you put an array (or array slice) in double quotes.

Oh, right, of course.  I usually get those confused, and probably should've
checked.  Sorry folks.

> And, upon checking the source, you're incorrect.

Well, good.  p5p++  :)

I knew I should have sprinkled more "equivalent to", "similar to", etc.
throughout the description.  Some of the efficiency hacks thrown into perl
can really screw with one's descriptions of Perl behaviour.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com