From: Michael Fowler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 10:02 PM
To: Steve Howard
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: If Statement won't work

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 09:51:15AM -0500, Steve Howard wrote:
> By any chance are you using Activestate? I have no explanation, but I have
> run across two or three times when everything should have worked, the
> variable evalueated to what it should have been, but the if refused to
> return true and execute. those three times I have been able to delete the
> line and re-type it and make it work.

This sounds suspiciously like your editor inserted invisible characters
where it shouldn't have.  Have you ever tested such code with any other
perl, such as cygwin's, or one on a Unix box?

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com