On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 03:16:44PM +0930, Daniel Falkenberg wrote:
> print<<HTML;
>       <head>
>       HELLO WOLRD!
>       </head>
> HTML
>
> If this HTML is being run with Perl which it is of coarse how would I know
> what version of the HTML it is.

HTML is not run, it's not a programming language, or really anything that
can be 'run'.  It's rendered by your web browser, but that's really
irrelevant here.  Your Perl program has no idea it's dealing with HTML, it's
simply outputting the text you told it to.

> I really hope this makes sense.  I read there is alot of different versions
> of HTML such as 3.2 and 4.0.  Does the browser take care of this?

Yes.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net