Hi all, I wonder if someone can shed any light on this for me.

I run a Solaris 8 machine (sparc) at work and had problems installing DBI for perl
5.6.0 - for future reference (for other newbies) if your perl has come precompiled on
your system, and you install gcc to compile modules, perl doesn't like it!  Anyway to
cut a long story short I got 5.6.1 from CPAN, compiled with gcc - and installed DBI..

Then things started to go wrong.  My intranet site relies quite heavily on perl and a
number of things stopped working.

Checking the apache error logs:

 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/apache/htdocs/mrbs/badpw.pl line 8.
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/usr/apache/htdocs/mrbs/badpw.pl line 8.

obviously the call to use strict in badpw.pl is erroring. However I thought strict.pm
was installed as standard!!!
I'm not familiar with @INC - its not in my llama book :(

strict.pm is located in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/strict.pm though!!

bash-2.03# find / -name strict.pm
/usr/perl5/5.00503/strict.pm
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/strict.pm

so now I'm twice as confused and humbly request a helping hand!

cheers,

Dan