Jeff Rouse/NCO/CEtv [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>I have been an SA and DBA for 7 years and have worked in a lot of different
*>environments for several companies and I didn't go into apoplectic shock at
*>my suggestion :-)

Look at the suidperl source code, you will :) suid, even if root is not
the target id, is inherently insecure because of how suid operates.

I hear XML-RPC is the new wave of web services for things such as this so
you might have a look just for fun.

e.