Hey folks,
        This would seem to be a trivial thing, but I can't find a great answer
anywhere for it. I want to do a mkdir, but before I do, I want to confirm
that the dir I'm about to make doesn't already exist.

Would the -X operators (particularily -e) work with DIRHANDLES??? That would
certainly make my life easier. Otherwise, the only other option I can think
of is to do a Opendir() before the Mkdir and test to ensure that the Opendir
fails. That's a bit kludgey in my mind, so can anyone shed some light on the
situation?

THanks!
DTS