I was connecting to an FTP server with this code:

 my $ftp = Net::FTP->new($ftp_server) or die "can't connect to ftp server at
$ftp_server: $!";
 $ftp->login($ftp_username, $ftp_password) or die "can't login to ftp server at
$ftp_server with user $ftp_username: $!";

The FTP Server has been changed to use MD5 encryption - I also connect using
the FTP Voyager client and I had to check the MD5 option to get it to work. How
do I change my Perl code? Just encrypt the password with the MD5 module? I
can't see how that would provide any better security against password sniffing
than clear text.

Thanks
John