I have a command line program running on Windows NT
that I call up from a dos prompt. This program is
written in C and has a simple menu structure.  I would
like to use Perl to control this program, by putting
in the menu options and values in a particular order.

For example:

Main Menu:
1) Option 1
2) Option 2
3) Option 3

I would like a perl script that gave the program a
'1', and then whatever values it needs from there.  I
can store the values, and menu options in a data file,
but I'm not quite sure how to use perl to control this
program and give it the values.

I don't think the system command would work. I am
somewhat famliar with TCL expect which I've used with
telnet.  Is there something similar in Perl?

I would appreciate any advice.  I am looking for a
starting point.

Thank you,

Tina Ouellette