    $query_counts{$pattern}++;
  }
  while ($sbjct_src=~ /$pattern/g)
  {
    $sbjct_counts{ $pattern }++;

and

foreach my $key (sort @patterns)
{
    print OUT "\t '$key' seen $query_counts{$key}\n";
}
#print OUT "\nTOTAL lenght  of 'Sbjct' seq: ","\nlenght $sbjct_src",
"cahracters\n", "resou$

#print the sbjct mathces
foreach my $key (sort @patterns)
{
  print OUT "\t'$key' seen  $sbjct_counts{$key}\n";
}
 I want to have in a separate variable each match, it reads a file and
searches for mathces, if fines one counst is and prints it out, that is
doing now, now I do not want id to print it out but to store the value
for a future use in any variable new, so I can decide later wich are
worthful to have on a report, how canI do that?

cheers