--- Birgit Kellner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to test the presence of a hash key with a regexp?
> something like:
> if (exists ($hash{/add_\w+/})) { print "yippie!\n";}
>
> I know that this doesn't work, but is there something similar that does?
>
> Birgit Kellner

Birgit,

There two options that immediately spring to mind:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/Tie-Hash-Regex/Regex.html
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/Tie-RegexpHash/RegexpHash.html

I don't know much about those modules other than having heard others recommend them.
They both
allow you to use regular expressions as hash keys.

Cheers,
Curtis Poe

=====
Senior Programmer