What is the 1st line of your Perl scripts? Should be

#!c:\Program Files\Perl\bin\perl.exe -Tw

or whatever your path to the executable is...

-----Original Message-----
From: mp kapa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 2:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: question regarding CGI scripts

Hi,

I have installed Apache webserver on my windows 2000 platform and tried to
execute some CGI scripts written in PERL. But even if i try to execute
simple CGI program iam getting 500, internal server error.
I have changed the httpd.conf file and made the following changes to enable
it for running CGI scripts.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/"
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

I have checked the server log messages. Each time if i tried to execute the
script iam getting the following error message in the server log

"[Mon Aug 27 14:33:37 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (2)No such file or
directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/program files/apache
group/apache/cgi-bin/script.cgi".

Can anyone help me to configer the apache to run cgi scripts.

Thanks
Maruti Kapa