On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Owen <rc...@pcug.org.au> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I repeatedly run into problems when installing modules and I havent
>> yet figured out a way to consistently resolve them.
>>
>> I want to install Audio::File but the tests fail
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> david
>>
>> Running make test
>> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
>> "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>> t/Audio-File....1/49 Ogg::Vorbis::Header::PurePerl: Didn't find an ogg
>> header - invalid file?
>> Ogg::Vorbis::Header::PurePerl: Didn't find an ogg header - invalid
>> file?
>

>> #   Failed test 'Audio::File::Ogg::AudioProperties::length()'
>

> My guess is that you are missing a header file.
>
> If you are using a distribution based system, look for something like
> libogg-dev or/and libvorbis-dev

Thank you for your reply,
I did that already but without success.

aptitude search libogg
i A libogg-dev                               - Ogg Bitstream Library
Development
p   libogg-ocaml                             - OCaml bindings for the
Ogg bitstream library
p   libogg-ocaml-dev                         - OCaml bindings for the
Ogg bitstream library
i   libogg-vorbis-decoder-perl               - An object-oriented Ogg
Vorbis decoder
i   libogg-vorbis-header-perl                - perl interface to Ogg
Vorbis information and commen
i   libogg-vorbis-header-pureperl-perl       - A pure Perl interface
to Ogg Vorbis information fie
i   libogg-vorbis-perl                       - Perl extension for Ogg
Vorbis streams
i   libogg0                                  - Ogg Bitstream Library
v   liboggz-dev                              -
i   liboggz1                                 - convenience interface
for Ogg stream I/O
p   liboggz1-dbg                             - convenience interface
for Ogg stream I/O debugging
i   liboggz1-dev                             - convenience interface
for Ogg stream I/O (developme

In case you are not familiar with apt/debian, those packages with "i"
in the first column are installed on my system.

I just wonder why cpan cant tell me what libs are missing or give any
other clue about whats going wrong.

Anyway, Audio::File is still not working

--
David Schmidt   |   http://www.fm5.at