        You are not running with strict, warnings which would give you a
heads up
> $mystart = -2;
> $i = 1;
>
> for ($i = 1..10 ) {
>
> while ($i = 1 ) {
        You would get warning if warnings were on. You are assigning 1
to $i and not $i == 1.
Better to give your code for the list to review.

         If you have any questions and/or problems, please let me know.
         Thanks.

Wags ;)
David R. Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst