Charles

I am getting totally confused. All I want is a simple find function call what will return all the files that are in c:\*.*. This is on PC running windows. I thought you mentioned to use file:find() where one of the parameters would be a function which would be called once for each file found.

Andrew

At 04:13 PM 5/18/2009, Chas. Owens wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 19:05, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <nore...@gunnar.cc> wrote:
> AndrewMcHorney wrote:
>>
>> I looked at the documentation for this function and I find it confusing.
>
> Try File::Finder for a less confusing interface to *the module* File::Find.
snip

Huh, never looked at File::Finder before, it looks like it would only
make sense if you already knew the UNIX find command.  I normally see
people use File::Find::Rule when they don't want to write their own
wanted function.

1. http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-Finder/lib/File/Finder.pm
2. http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-Find-Rule/lib/File/Find/Rule.pm

--