On Wed Jun 24 2009 @  2:16, Daryl Styrk wrote:
> I've purchased "Learning Perl" to finally give picking up perl a fair
> shot.  However in the beginning of the book it suggest that I should have
> an understanding of basic programming concepts such as variables, loops,
> subroutines, and arrays... Well, I don't.  I was hoping that this book
> would somewhat cover it all.  I have some experience with bash, not much..
> More less copying/pasting scripts and perhaps a slight edit here and
> there.  Nothing that has reveled itself as one of the above functions.

Learning Perl occasionally moves quickly, but for the most part I actually
think it should work fine for a new programmer. If you find yourself
wanting a more beginner-level treatment of the same topics, you might check
out Beginning Perl. The first edition of that is available freely online
(and legally, too): http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/