Dear perl users,

I'm having difficulties running perl scripts from java which import
certain modules like File::Tail and File::Sort. I initially installed
ActiveState Perl but then did a full Cygwin installation (which
includes compilers, interpreters, etc of most popular programming
languages). After doing that I installed the extra modules I needed
with CPAN, using this command line:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install File::Sort'

All the modules have been installed successfully and work fine when I
run my scripts from Cygwin, but when I invoke them from Java code they
don't work. After a puzzling my brains for I while I discovered the
source of the problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? Is it because I have both
ActivePerl and Cygwin perl installed?

thanks in advance,
Tom