From: Uri Guttman <u...@stemsystems.com>
Subject: Re: source code for builtin functions
To: "heyi xiao" <xiaohey...@yahoo.com>
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 4:25 PM

>>>>> "hx" == heyi xiao <xiaohey...@yahoo.com> writes:

  hx> My linux system has a pre-installed perl. Is there a good way to
  hx> check the source code for builtin functions, like reverse etc. I
  hx> want to check the source code for better learning/understanding.

all builtin functions are in c and not perl so you will not learn any
perl from examining them. and you can always get the perl source from
perl.org or from your linux distro (look for a source or developer
package vs the regular one).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --