My agenda actually is two pronged. I have read Beginning Perl and a bit of
Intermediate Perl, though was able to solve individual problems, but I was not
sure,if I can code myself out of a wet paperbag.

So I thought, lets chuck theory. Its better to get hands dirty with some real
life code. Actually, the stuff which I am working on is my own problem. Its
related to what I do, and I was adviced to do the same thing in Excel, as its
much easier. But yes, I got to learn Perl and got to solve my issue ;)

So that might explain the reason behind why I dont have much idea on what I
happen to be thinking.I am not really sure how to proceed.

To put my problem more succinctly

a. I have a CSV file
b. I am reading and parsing it through Tie::Handle::CSV module
c. There is a date column in that csv file
d I want to process a hashlist such that each date is mapped to a sequential
number. {where I am stuck at, currently}

e. I want to use this hash as a way to further process another csv such that I
can segregate the contents of the second csv populating/processing two
two-dimensional array.

f.. etc etc

Soham

Would be interested in getting a bit of help.

I am attaching a snippet.

use warnings;
use Tie::Handle::CSV;

#Read Market Data

my $file= shift @ARGV;
my $trade_fh=Tie::Handle::CSV->new($file,header=>1);

#Find the number of market days
 #I want to read the entire column called date, present in the file, and map it
to a sequence of numbers

Soham