Does the information also work with Windows?  I use that most.
 Jason H. Owens

________________________________
From: Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com>
To: beginners@perl.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:38:53 AM
Subject: Re: More questions

Slick <jho251...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I was just wondering once I get the hang of this, what things can I
> program?  What is the pinicale of this? (I do understand that your
> mind is the limit, but you get my drift) I want to see something
> that would be worth attaining  Jason H. Owens

I'm far from an expert... but I think, for the usage you have
described earlier (System admin)... A big end result of mastering perl
would be that you could:
  manipulate files and the contents of files in any way imaginable.
  extract, insert, re-arrange... combine.
  Write scripts that could make the OS do your bidding.
  extract whatever information you need from the OS.
  manipulate the OS itself... in that you could manipulate the
  rc files that the OS depends on (in unix/linux).