Hi Dermot!

On Saturday 28 Nov 2009 13:53:45 Dermot wrote:
> 2009/11/27 Steve Bertrand <st...@ibctech.ca>:
> > Dermot wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd 2nd that. DBIx is the way forward. You should be looking to stop
> >> writing SQL statements and moving towards ORM. Try the example at
> >> http://search.cpan.org/~frew/DBIx-Class-0.08114/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Ex
> >>ample.pod
> >
> > I want to thank those who responded on list, and off-list.

> > Thanks for the recommendations, and if there are any contributors to
> > this project or its derivatives on the list, cheers!
> >
> > Only a single business day of learning the basic in and outs, and I can
> > see already how I've wasted thousands of man hours doing it the 'old'
> > way in the past :)
>
> I see you truly hooked. I haven't seen a maintainer for DBIx on this
> list. They have a pretty active mailing list[1] and a IRC[2]. I,
> personally, find other lists less friendly than beginners. Your
> expected to know your stuff but if you have issues with DBIx that's
> the place to go.

> 2) irc.perl.org#dbix-class

Just a note - DBIx-Class should not be called "DBIx" alone. DBIx is the top-
level-namespace for DBI extensions, and it also includes such things as:

* http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Simple/

* http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Log4perl/

* http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Chart/

Calling DBIx-Class "DBIx"  does injustice to them all and is incorrect. DBIx-
Class however, may be abbreviated as DBIC.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish