2009/12/9 Sneed, Sean P <sean.p.sn...@centurylink.com>:
> Try the paths like this C:\\my_file.log

Is there a reason that you suggested this? Perl under Windows, just
like C and C++ under Windows, accepts / as a directory separator just
fine. And if you stick to using / as your directory separator, porting
to unix-based systems becomes that much easier.

Perlmonks has a far more full discussion of the implications of using
"/" or "\\" as your directory separator under Windows:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=110030

and indeed there are some good reasons given for using "\\" in
filenames under windows, such as when you are passing a filename to a
system() call. But there are also good reasons for avoiding "\\", such
as consistency and portability. I doubt that MIME::Lite will be
affected by being passed a "/" delimited filename but I guess it's
worth a go. Without much more information to go on, though, it's hard
to diagose the original problem.

Phil