在 2010-01-19二的 00:09 -0500,Perl Noob写道:
> I have a data file with thousands of records.  The problem is that the
> records in the data file span two lines for each record.  I want to
> write a perl script that makes each record a single line.  The file
> looks like this:

HI,

If you are using a regex, then may want to try the /m option.
see perldoc perlre for details.
I give the code below, it could work for me.

use strict;

local $/="RECORD1FIELD5\n";

while(<DATA>) {
    my @fields = /\w+/gm;
    print "@fields\n";
}

__DATA__
RECORD1FIELD1  RECORD1FIELD2     RECORD1FIELD3  RECORD1FIELD3
          RECORD1FIELD4          RECORD1FIELD5

RECORD2FIELD1  RECORD2FIELD2     RECORD2FIELD3  RECORD2FIELD3
          RECORD2FIELD4          RECORD2FIELD5