Hi everybody,

I want to write a script that checks memory usage of my RHEL box, and ran as a cron job say every 10 minutes.

I could write the Perl script to run a system command like "ps aux", parse that information and kill a job if >90% of the total system memory (and I realise most of the times memory is sitting in cached) is being used. And I guess if 8 jobs are already using 80%, the job that topples the threshold will have to be stopped. But since that isn't a Perl question, I won't ask if that is a good implementation.

Since I didn't want to reinvent the wheel and/or write an inelegant script, I wanted to ask if there are CPAN modules, which people have used, to help with achieving my task?

Many thanks,

Dave