(Sorry but I have problem with my ISP, so I repost !)

Uri Guttman wrote:

> > how do you know when a keyword section begins or ends? how large is this
> > file? could free text have keywords? i see a ; to end a word list but
> > that isn't enough to properly parse this if you have 'free text'.
> >
> >   osc> Is it possible to do this with regular expression ?
> >   osc> Or should I write a small parser ?
> >
> > yes and yes.
> >
> >   osc> I have tried pattern matching with the 's' and also with the 'm'
> >   osc> option,
> >   osc> but with no good result ...
> >
> > please show your code. there is no way to help otherwise. s/// is not a
> > pattern matcher but a substitution operator. it uses regexes and can be
> > used to parse things.
> >
> > uri

Hi Uri,

Sorry, code is at my office !!!!

The free text can not contain keywords. And keywords start at the
beginning of a line. The list of words is terminated by a ";".

For the pattern matching I have used the option s:
m/pattern/s, to swallow the different \n.

Olivier