Jay:

Jay Savage <daggerqu...@gmail.com> wrote on 03/08/2010 08:53:40 PM:
> It sounds like Term::Readline is using Term::ReadLine::Gnu as the
> back-end. The problem there is that, to Perl, the XS call for GNU
> readline() looks like a single system call.
> Try setting the PERL_RL environment to "Perl" instead of "Gnu":

That's a good idea, I'll try that.

> As for "corruption," you never know. The behavior is undefined and
> unpredictable, because you don't know what you're interrupting. The
> real danger is that you'll interrupt a malloc call in a way that
> causes the perl interpreter to crash and dump core.

Well, that's as far as I'm right now. But I cannot really gasp it, that's
why I'd like a example, just the way one demonstrates the pitfalls of
malloc() to a C newbie. So if somebody could show me how to trigger such a
corruption, I'd be really grateful. :-)

Thanks,
                        Eric

--
Eric MSP Veith <eric.ve...@de.ibm.com>
Hechtsheimer Str. 2

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Erich Clementi
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Reinhard Reschke,
Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Michael Diemer, Martina
Koederitz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940