-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Rogers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 2:23 PM
To: 'Dean Theophilou'; 'Perl-Win32-Admin@ActiveState. com';
'Perl_beginner (E-mail)'; 'Perl Users List'
Subject: RE: Password Generators

This was found using PPM
Crypt-RandPasswd  [0.02  ] random password generator based on FIPS-181

Depending on your requirements I would probably use MD5 to generate a
hash based on a large amount of random data achieved from the computer.
And then I'd run a Base64 over the top to normalize any binary data into
human readable form.  In this manner you can take advantage of OS
specific mechanisms of obtaining random input (Intel has an RNG
implementation on the chips)
Crypt-PasswdMD5   [1.1   ] Provides interoperable MD5-based crypt()
function

Justin Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]