Sam <p...@net153.net> wrote on 03/23/2010 11:18:11 PM:
> Could you use a file of random data? You can create one of those really
> easy: dd if=/dev/urandom of=ranfile bs=9999

Theoretically, yes, of course I could just try to create an arbitrary
sized file from /dev/urandom via dd. I hoped there would be an equally
both fast and elegant solution possible as with the C approach (malloc
without init). Bob's idea of just reading and piping files from /bin or
/usr/bin was also a good idea.

Well, if there's no... "more elegant" solution, I'll happily go with what
has been offered. (Note the " around "more elegant"!)

Thanks! :-)

                        Eric

--
Eric MSP Veith <eric.ve...@de.ibm.com>
Hechtsheimer Str. 2

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Erich Clementi
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Reinhard Reschke,
Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Michael Diemer, Martina
Koederitz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940