From: Deborah Martin [mailto:deborah.mar...@kognitio.com]
Sent: 31 March 2010 14:47
To: 'walt'
Subject: RE: Connecting to a socket

Walter,

You could adapt the following program :-

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Simple email program
use Net::SMTP;

my $from                = 'yourf...@address';
my $site                = 'yoursitename';
my $smtp_host           = 'yourmailhost';
my $to                  = 'you...@address';

my $smtp                = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_host, Hello => $site);

$smtp->mail($from);
$smtp->to($to);
$smtp->data();

$smtp->datasend("To: $to\n");
$smtp->datasend("Subject: A message from a Perl program\n");
$smtp->datasend("\n");
$smtp->datasend("This is a test message from a Perl program\n");

$smtp->dataend();
$smtp->quit;

Regards,
Deborah