Hi Arjun,

On Saturday 03 Apr 2010 05:42:31 Arjun wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to this group. I would like to learn the PERL language.
> Can someone suggest me some good e-books or tutorials to start
> learning PERL?

You can find links to recommended E-books, tutorials and a lot of other
material on the Perl Beginners' Site - http://perl-begin.org/ [P-B]. Harinatha
has already recommended the gratis online book "Beginning Perl" which should
be very good, but I admit I have yet to go over it to verify. There are
similar resources on http://perl-begin/ in case you don't like it.

Finally, a small note about spelling and case of "perl" and "Perl":

http://www.perl.org.il/misc.html#pl_vs_pl

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

[P-B] I should note Perl-Begin is not an official site of the @perl.org
domain, and just a site that I projected and maintain with some help from
other people in the community. However, its source code has been available
since its inception, its content is under the open content Creative Commons
Attribution License (CC-by), and it is far more comprehensive than
http://learn.perl.org/ . There's now an ongoing process to improve
http://learn.perl.org/ which seems to be much more popular in web search
engines, but it will take some time, and has been stalled recently and
currently I'd prefer to just recommend http://perl-begin.org/ .