Harry Putnam wrote:
Rene Schickbauer <rene.schickba...@gmail.com> writes:

Would you be interested in helping out in the Maplat Web Framework?

It may take me a while even to figure out what it is.

It's a framework to write software with a web-based User interface. This isn't quite the same as a website-only framework, as most of the workload is done by background workers.

So, it's not a tool for setting up a CMS, Blog or this-is-my-dog website. I use it mainly to develop specific applications. For example, one of the projects (that i'm allowed to talk about) involves logging of various power meters, UPS'es and so forth and generating graphs and reports. Another is managment of chipcards.

The source tree is basically split in three parts. Maplat::Web::* is the web interface framework, Maplat::Worker::* is for background workers, and Maplat::Helpers::* are modules shared between the two.

Basically, you write modules (kind of like plugins) to add functionality. Modules can interact with each other. All that can be configured through XML.

The tiny little synopsis at:
  http://kobesearch.cpan.org/htdocs/Maplat/Maplat.html

seems less than helpful other than pointing to other modules.
Doesn't leave you with an idea what the project is about.

I know. The documentation is currently somewhat lacking, i'm afraid.

I guess this is the right time to ask for volunteers for writing a better documentation ;-)

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking a full description somewhere of what
`Maplat web Framwork' is all about.

Can you provide a URL?

Actually, no. Not yet, anyway.

LG