Hi Mimi,

On Monday 12 Apr 2010 02:32:12 Mimi Cafe wrote:
> My program is in the same directory as my module directory, but when I use
> relative path in use lib, Perl doesn't find the module.
>

> use lib qw(MyModule/), use lib qw(./MyModule/), use lib qw(MyModule) or use
> lib qw(./MyModule/) # these don't work.
>

> use lib qw(/var/www/cgi-bin/MyProject/) # This work fine, but I want to
> avoid absolute path because it will not work on SuSe Linux for example.
>

> I have tried various ways of specifying relative path and they don't work
> except the absolute path from the / (file system root). I don't want to use
> the absolute path it will break if my program is not still on RedHat Linux
> where httpd docs are store in /var/www/*.
>

> What is the recommended way of specifying the path in the CGI application?
> It is relate to the web server document root as the file system / dir?

You can try the solution given in:

http://use.perl.org/~Aristotle/journal/33995

"use lib" can do relative paths just fine (as in the examples you have given),
but the fact that this is a server-side program may mess with the current
working directory. You can experiment by debugging stuff using print and
Data::Dumper to see.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish