Hi Reg

Read you posting on the mailing list. Even I am behind firewall but still I
am able to install
packages without downloading them individually.

ok put this into a batch file <preferably> and run or run each command
individually
before installing new packages

set HTTP_proxy=http://10.1.1.1:1111   # IP of proxy server along with the
port no
set HTTP_proxy_user=joel                   # Login name if required
set HTTP_proxy_pass=aaaaa              # password

then run PPM

This should solve your problem....

Hey Reg do let me know if it helped you .... OK

Regards

Joel

At 11:48 AM 9/19/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I'm tying to install the tk module on my NT4/perl 5.6.1 installation, as
>a pre-requesite to using ptkdb as a visual debugger. I can't use PPM as
>it can't get through our firewall, so I downloaded Tk800.023.tar.gz, and
>unpacked it.
>
>Then I ran "perl Makefile.pl", which created a makefile as expected. To
>make it, I have MSVC 6.0 professional edition installed so used nmake
>next. However, when I run "nmake" it gets so far and falls over
>complaining it can't find some standard headers files;
>
>nmake
>
>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>
>         cd pTk && NMAKE DEFINE=""
>
>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>
>         cl.exe -c -I.. -I../pTk/mTk/xlib -I. -Ibitmaps -I../pTk/mTk/xlib
>-nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DN
>O_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
>-DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG    -DVERSI
>ON=\"800.023\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"800.023\"  -IC:\Perl\lib\CORE
>ClientWin.c
>ClientWin.c
>.../pTk/mTk/xlib\X11/Xlib.h(52) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
>file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
>Stop.
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
>Stop.
>
>I can find stddef.h in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
>Studio\VC98\Include" and if I manually run the "cl.exe -c -I..
>-I../pTk/mTk/xlib -I. -Ibitmaps -I../pTk/mTk/xlib ...." line again with
>an extra -I pointing to this location it gets past ClientWin.c, but
>fails on the next target. Obviously I'd rather not have to do this for
>every target!
>
>I can't see anywhere particularly obvious to put the extra include path
>in either makefile.pl or makefile.
>
>My question is - where does Makefile.pl pick up include paths from when
>it generated the makefile that nmake uses, and can I add "C:\Program
>Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include" to a config file somewhere
>so it gets included in the makefile? Or is there anything in my
>environment I can set?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Reg Smith

>  E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer
>
>   This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
> addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.
>   E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept
> [...]

QuantumLink Communications, Mumbai, India