Hi,

> my ( $rc2, $backupsizetrans ) =
> rexec(
>                             $backuphost,
>                              'du -k '
>                                . "$backupdir\/$backdir2"
>                                . ' |tail -1 |awk \'{ print $1 }\''
>                       );
>
> to get the size of a certain directory from another machine. In my
test
> case, this results to 72KB.

This is still unsolved ...

> What's even more interesting, the du (Filesys::DiskUsage) says the
> directory has a local size of 69539 Bytes which, divided by 1024,
> results to 67.9091... .

... but I found the solution for this one: There is an option for the
Filesys::DiskUsage to round up the file sizes to the next block, which
is DISABLED by default - that's why I got different file sizes.

Unfortunately, this does not explain the difference between the local du
and the one via rexec on a remote machine. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Nora