On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 05:18, Amit Saxena <learn.tech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to know how to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run
> time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler.
>
> This is required so as to find out instances where a task gets "hanged"
> after run through windows task scheduler.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amit Saxena

Take a look at [Win32::TaskScheduler's] [GetNextRunTime][2] and
[GetMostRecentRunTime][3].

If I understand your problem, the UNIXy solution is to create a pid
file (a file that contains the process id of the program) when you
start and remove it when you end.  If a pid file exists when you
start, that means that the lsat process either died prematurely and
needs to be cleaned up after or it is still running.

[1] : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-TaskScheduler/TaskScheduler.pm
[2] : http://tinyurl.com/25rrwcr
[3] : http://tinyurl.com/2b5vtwm

--