Date sent:              Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:26:53 +0800
Subject:                Re: What is the best way to parse a GPX (XML) file
From:                   Jeff Pang <jeffp...@aol.com>
To:                     robert Key <robert...@telkomsa.net>
Copies to:              beginners@perl.org

> 2010/6/16 robert Key <robert...@telkomsa.net>:
> > Hi I would like to parse  GPX file (XML) and insert certain data items into
> > a MySQL database. There are mulitude of XML modules which can be used.
> >
> > These modules all build a hash from the data. Is this done because it is
> > easy to find the the data simply using the key?
> >
> > I don't mind writing my own parser although this seems to be reinventing the
> > wheel but some like XML::Parser are very general purpose and require a huge
> > learning curve.
> >

> How about XML::Simple? That's easy to learn and use.
> http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm

XML::Simple has its quirks and problems. (I'm offline as I'm writing
this.) Please search "Simpler than XML::Simple" on perlmonks.org for
discussion of some and an alternative (almost drop in, but
extendable).

Jenda
===== je...@krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery