On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:

> On Friday 02 Jul 2010 12:34:05 Amit Saxena wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have around 6+ years of IT experience as a software development mailing
> > in scripting technologies using perl.
> >
> > I want to become technical architect in perl. Please help me / suggest me
> /
> > guide me on how should I start. Also please tell me any resources which
> > could help me.
> >
> > On perl, I have mainly experience on text handling and processing.
> >

> Well, assuming I know what you mean by "Perl Architect":
>
> 1. Head over to http://perl-begin.org/ and go over all the pages seeing
> what
> you know and don't know.
>
> 2. Read the book "Perl Best Practices" :
>
> http://perl-begin.org/books/advanced/#pbp
>
> 3. Read the Moose introductory documentation:
>
> http://www.iinteractive.com/moose/about.html
>
> 4. Maybe read chromatic's "Modern Perl" book:
>

> http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2010/06/modern-perl-the-book-the-draft.html
>
> 5. Contribute to CPAN modules and other Perl code.
>
> 6. Other recommended books:
>
> http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/books-recommends/
>
> ------------
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Regards,
>
>        Shlomi Fish
>
> --

Hi Shlomi,

I am already following two books in my regular perl development work. Those
books are "Programming Perl" third edition and "Perl Best Practices".

I am not planning to stop working as a developer, however apart from my
regular development work I also want to now start learning about Perl
architect that is working for designing (and not coding) an implementation
that's ultimately going to be implemented in Perl at least.

I hope if there was some confusion earlier, I have resolved the same.

Now as the understanding is clear, please suggest what all to read / refer
etc apart from my regular Perl development work so that I can slowly start
working for a Perl architect. I know it will take lots of time but at least
it needs to be started at some time.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Saxena