On 7/27/10 Tue  Jul 27, 2010  7:28 AM, "Sooraj S"
<soorajspadmanab...@gmail.com> scribbled:

> I have a script which copies files from local machine to remote
> machine.
> parameteres : "-d" for directories, "-f" for files..
>
> GetOptions ('d=s{,}' => \...@dir,
>             'f=s{,}' => \...@fil);
>
> I want one more rename option "-r" which should be used only if "-d"
> is specified ie only for directories... Please help me..

Which Getopt module are you using? (there are 91 on CPAN). The syntax looks
like Getopt::Long, but it is better to be sure.

What is the logic for combining the -d and -r arguments? Can you give some
examples?

Obviously, the following will parse a -r option:

GetOptions ('d=s{,}' => \...@dir,
            'r=s{,}' => \...@rename,
);

It is then up to you to apply the logic for combining the elements of @dir
and @rename, taking into account the possible presence of -f arguments. To
help further, we would need to know the logic involved.