On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 08:44, Shawn H Corey <shawnhco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10-08-03 06:43 AM, Rob Coops wrote:
>>
>> Third you could of course when you are printing the values from the array
>> add the linefeeds:
>>  print join("\n", @myarray);
>> or
>>  foreach my $value ( @myarray ) {
>>   print $value . "\n";
>
> When printing, use a list; it's faster.
>
>    print $value, "\n";
snip

I hate it when some makes a blanket statement of "it's faster" without
providing a benchmark or a reason.  In the simple case, the comma is
slower than the period and interpolation is slower still.

One item:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

use Benchmark;

open my $bit_bucket, ">", "/dev/null"
        or die "$!";

my $s = "foo";

my %subs = (
        string => sub { print $bit_bucket "$s\n"    },
        comma  => sub { print $bit_bucket $s, "\n"  },
        period => sub { print $bit_bucket $s . "\n" },
);

for my $sub (keys %subs) {
        print "$sub: ", $subs{$sub}(), "\n";
}