Hello ,
I have process that picks up multiple files from a directory forks
child processes and each child process works on a batch of files and
finishes the task I am thinking of this

Parent process finds all files in jobs directory ,
divide tasks into $MAXCHILD processes but not exceeding $MAXBATCHSIZE per
child

The problem is I cannot wait for all child processes to finish , because
some tasks may take longer than others , so they should not block other
processes.

If I dont wait for the child processes then the parent would pickup the same
job which is already assigned in the previous loop

I am not sure what is the best way.
Can someone pls give me some ideas
--
Thanks