Hi every body

 recently i compiled a svmlight perl module two use svmlight program with
perl

http://search.cpan.org/~kwilliams/Algorithm-SVMLight-0.09/lib/Algorithm/SVMLight.pm

to compile a patch is needed and as i wanted to run it under linux in a 64
bits machine, i used the flag make " CFLAGS='-fPIC -O3' " after applaying a
patch

 the compilation worked fine, but when ever i try to build  an object i get
get the following error

usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Algorithm/SVMLight/SVMLight.so:
undefined symbol: set_learning_defaults

I would appreciate is some of you could tell me what does "symbol lookup
error" and "undefined symbol" means, by the way,  set_learning_defaults is
deffined at the patch

Thanks

pau
--
Pau Marc Muñoz Torres

Laboratori de Biologia Computacional
Institut de  Biotecnologia   i Biomedicina Vicent Villar

Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
E-08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)

telèfon:  (+34)935 86 89 39
Email : paumarc.mu...@bioinf.uab.cat