Matthew Young wrote:
I often read about closures being one of those 'end all beat all'
programming techniques reserved for the most sophisticated and
advanced gurus out there. Naturally, I want to learn how to use them,
and use them effectively - I know perl supports them! I know its a
sort of functional programming concept, but I know it is useful in
other ways as well (or so I hear!).

What are closures? How are they used? When should they be used? Where
can I learn more about them?

After reading this: http://www.perl.com/pub/2002/05/29/closure.html ,
and not really understanding the second example at all - I am really
interested in knowing more. Links and explanations welcome of course.

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq7.html#What's-a-closure?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closure_(computer_science)

John
direction.                   -- Albert Einstein