Hello all,

This is my first post to this list.  I am not new to perl, but am
getting in to a new area of development (with perl) and would value any
and all input.

Goal: need to develop and upgrade "Framework" (for our LAMP based
application stack).  Our existing upgrade facility is written in perl.

Our current approach is VERY simple.  I distribute our upgrades (as one
large tar file) on a CD - to the customer. The customer mounts the CD
and runs a script (written in perl) that performs the upgrade process.

I would like to shift our paradigm to packages that that could be
downloaded via the web and installed on the server.

I do know of LWP.  In addition to references to other perl libs that
would be helpful - I would REALLY appreciate ideas, experience and
general advice on frameworks that might address the new paradigm.

Thank you again for any and all comments / advice / suggestions.

mark

Mark Meyer

Senior Software Engineer

Primex Family of Companies