On 9/25/01 11:10 AM, "David Simcik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey folks,
> I'm trying to cobble together some form of authentication mechanism on a
> website I am building for a friend. His ISP uses Perl & Apache (it's on a
> linux box). I (obviously) don't have root priviledges and have limited
> access to the filesystem. What are my options (if any)??? I think some form
> of session management would go hand-in-hand with the authentication.
>
> Thanks!
> DTS

That is a big can of worms...

There are various ways to get what you want - some better and more secure
than others; but not having root access is not a big deal...

Something that may help point you in a better direction:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col49.html
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col50.html

HTH;
-Sx-